5 Perfect places to Take Your Date
No. 1 in the series “What everybody ought to know about dating“.
It was a beautiful day. You were walking on the street with a friend, when suddenly you see a gorgeous woman. There was nothing to do, you just had to cross the street and talk to her. You felt nervous when approaching her, but at the end of the conversation, you managed to get her number. You have come far my friend, but there is still a long way too go…
All this was yesterday, because you followed my advice on (not calling on the same day).
You now sit with the phone in one hand, her number in the other. You want to ask her out, spend time with her, anything. But how do you ask?
You dial the number, and a sweet voice answers the phone on the other end.
This is not an unrealistic scene. In some degree I guess most men have lived through this at least once in there lives, and the outcome is very different from man to man.
For some she may not even answer the phone, be it due to she giving you the wrong number, or not being available.
For some she picks it up, you talk for a minute or two, and agrees that you want to meet again.
For some she doesn’t show up at the place you agreed on. For some she does.
There’s a 1000 possibilities.
And it’s the last one I want to talk about today.
What’s a date?
First of all, I want to make clear what a “date” is all about. Here’s a clue: It’s not about taking a woman to a fancy restaurant, paying for dinner, talk a little about boring stuff, and if you’re lucky, getting a goodnight kiss. Oh sorry, I forgot. And an empty wallet.
(why you shouldn’t pay for dinner)
A date is all about having fun. Getting to know each other. A date should be relaxed and laid back; dinner at a restaurant is neither.
Remember that she said yes to go out with you. It’s no longer your job to make her like you!
Focus on the fun aspect, and the rest will follow. (Bust her balls), make fun of things, talk about (entertaining stuff). Tip: Money, politics, careers and similar is NOT entertaining. Wait till you get married, will ya?
And that’s why you should take her places where interesting conversation is already built-in.
So where SHOULD you take her?
Here are 5 suggestions that you can build upon:
- Invite her to a coffee shop. The setting is great for conversation, and if you find her interesting, it’s easy to go on from there. Be a gentleman; hold the door, pull the chair out, and paying for coffee here is not the same as paying for dinner, and it’s usually cheap too.
- A walk in the park is also great. Feed the ducks, Sit down and talk, hold her hand, kiss under a tree… There are almost endless possibilities here. And outdoor activity like this is very weather dependant, though.
- Go to a mall and say you need help finding an ugly t-shirt. This is great fun! When she picks something up, say something like:”You have too good taste in style! I said I wanted an UGLY t-shirt! Duh, you are not too smart, are you?” Saying all this in a playful tone, making her wonder what you really mean. With this you communicate all the right things, you’re confident, funny and a bit of a mystery. You take two steps forward saying she has good taste but then take one step back stating that she’s not too smart. Great stuff!
- Pick her up and go to a museum or an art gallery. These are usually not the most interesting places to be by themselves. This leads her attention to you! They can be great fun, is cheap or free, and you can even learn something while being there.
- Go to a funky area of your town. You know, where the tattoo shops are located, there’s a lot of underground nightlife, super cool fashion stores and cafes, etc. Most cities have areas like this, and there are a lot of great things to talk about in places like this.
Remember, these were just 5 ideas, take them with a grain of salt. Build upon them, use them any way you like, just remember the key concept. Have fun!
Want travel inspiration for your next date? Check out the travel guides at Northabroad.
Are you nervous about the whole ‘dating game’? Subscribe to our RSS Feed and we will work it out!