21 Tips for A Brighter Smile
Few things are more attractive to women than a healthy smile, and it has been proven that those with white teeth smile more.
And those who smile more get more girls, live longer and suffer less from depressions.
So there are enough reasons to get a brighter smile, here are my 21 tips and suggestions:
Brush your teeth
- First of all you need to actually brush your teeth! This can’t be stressed enough, without a healthy mouth, you just won’t get a bright and beautiful smile.
- So get a toothbrush you’re comfortable with, and brush your teeth regularly, preferably 2 times per day. Do what works best for you.
- Remember to brush in the right direction. Outwards and in small circle movements.
- When you brush your teeth, take an extra minute or two and floss in between teeth too. If you don’t, you might miss up to 30% of bacteria.
- An important factor in a bright and healthy smile is also to remember to actually smile. Remember that if you smile to the world, the world will smile at you.
- You will smile more if you have a fresh breath, so start brushing your tongue too.
- And use mouthwash once in a while to kill bacteria on the tongue and in the mouth.
- Chewing gum can be a quick solution and a life saver, but remember that it does not replace regular brushing.
Eat and drink right:
- A healthy diet will benefit your smile just the same way as it will benefit the rest of your body.
- Lay off sugar and sweets.
- Drop the chocolate. Unfortunately, besides all the good things about it, chocolate is often packed with sugar, and has the ability to discolour your teeth.
- Quit smoking.
- Drink your milk. Not only is it healthy in numerous of ways, it also contains calcium which helps you build strong and beautiful teeth.
- Although fruit is generally a healthy choice, it might not always be for your teeth.
- Dark drinks such as coffee, cola, tea (iced tea, too) and red wine stain your teeth. Avoid them as much as you can.
- Use a straw to prevent stains from the dark drinks listed above. It helps the beverage bypass the teeth without doing any damage. Ok, it might look dorky if you drink tea through a straw, but at least drink your cokes and iced teas through them.
- These days there are lots of ways to artificially whiten and bleaching teeth.
- One way is to visit your dentist and hear about the options there. It’s often rather expensive, but the result won’t disappoint you.
- Another way is to buy a home kit. They often consist of strips with gel on them, which you have to put on your teeth for about 30 minutes a day. Generally they give very good results, and are often cheaper than the dentist solutions.
Taking care of your teeth:
- Remember to visit your dentist at least twice a year. Just getting a little check up won’t hurt.
- Never “take a break” from taking care of your teeth. Make it a habit, and follow it ruthlessly. Forgetting about it for one evening is ok; just remember to brush them the next day again.
Did these tips help you get whiter teeth? Subscribe to our RSS Feed and get more!