12 Things You Didn’t Know about James Bond
James Bond is cool. We all know that, but did you know these 12 things about the macho legend?
- Bond doesn’t necessarily drive in his famous Aston Martin; he has also driven a Russian tank, an oil tanker, and a double-decker bus!
- The original Aston Martin DB5 was sold in January 2006 at an auction in Arizona for $2,090,000, to a European James Bond collector.
- James Bond’s astrological sign is the Scorpio.
- As you probably know, James likes gin-martinis, preferably shaken, not stirred. But he is also very fond of vodka.
- James Bond likes watches; Sean Connery had a Rolex Submariner, Roger Moore a Seiko Quartz and Pierce Brosnan and Daniel Craig wore Omegas.
- James Bond is the second highest grossing film series ever at roughly 4.6 billion dollars. It is second only to the Star Wars series, which has earned about 6.6 billion dollars.
- M’s real name is almost revealed by Bond in “Casino Royale”. Bond says: “I thought M was a randomly assigned letter, I never knew it stood for…”
- “Licence to kill” was the least financially successful James Bond movie. Many critics felt this was because of the 15+ rating it received in England.
- “Goldfinger” is often called the best Bond movie ever.
- The armourer, who supplies Bond with all his gadgets, is referred to as Q. The Q stands for “Quartermaster”.
- In all the movies Sean Connery stares in, he wears a toupee.
- The famous Bond music was originally composed by Woody Allen, who wrote the music for a beer commercial. The beer company rejected the tune; the rest as they say is history!
Do you also like James Bond? Subscribe to our RSS Feed and get more quality content for free!